Friday, March 29, 2013
The scorpion creature comes to and end here. I wanted to texture this guy with various blues, but I drifted away from that. This model was started in Zbrush, retopologized in Topogun, unwrapped in 3dsmax, and then brought back to Zbrush to finish up. WIP process can be seen here.
Monday, March 18, 2013
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
During the early stages of this creature I had no idea what I was doing in terms of the overall look. Early on I was not looking at references and the sculpt greatly suffered and this can be seen up until the 6:25 mark of the time-lapse video. Luckily I remembered the horseshoe crab, and saves a few pictures and used them as reference. It went from an ugly looking blob with 6 eyes, to a decent (I thought) design.This creature was sculpted originally in Zbrush, retopologized in topogun, and unwrapped in 3ds max. The model was then brought back into Zbrush and was further sculpted and finished.
Monday, March 4, 2013
I finally got around to painting this guy. I must admit painting has been a huge mountain, one I am still in the process of climbing. This sculpt also presented me with the opportunity to use the Zbrush fiber mesh tool for the first time. I think the anatomy is alright, although I must say I had a hard time with the ribcage on this one. I included an image that inspired me to attempt this piece, and i stress I was not going for likeness of the person per say, but to try to sculpt the anatomy. WIP process can be seen here.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Friday, February 22, 2013
I still have mixed feelings on this one. It was sculpted a long time ago and I recently pulled it from my recycle bin to give it another go. This model was started in zbrush with ZSpheres, then retopologized in topogun, and brought back to Zbrush to wrap up the sculpting.
Monday, February 18, 2013
Well, I started this telling myself I was going to make this sculpt only polyshperes. That was the case, until it was time to sculpt the legs. I started to get impatient with using dynamesh so I decided to use zspheres to make the legs. The overall build of this sculpt was based off a black scorpion, for the exception of the obvious "mouth" in the lower front area of the scorpion. Oh and also, I need to sculpt the freaking mandibles! After sculpting to a certain point I then retopologized in 3dcoat and topogun, then unwrapped in 3ds max. You can see from the YouTube video I had mandibles, I must have forgotten to same my ztool.